Cauda Equina Syndrome
Taking the pressure off your medical negligence claim
What is involved?
Cauda equina is the medical term for the bundle of nerves at the base of the spinal column. These nerves may become compressed through accidental injury, through pressure from a prolapsed disc, or due to a blood clot forming after surgery to the lumbar spine. This is known as cauda equina syndrome (CES).
A delay to your diagnosis of cauda equina syndrome can prevent you from getting the treatment you need, causing you unnecessary pain and suffering. If not spotted and treated immediately as a surgical emergency, CES can cause irreversible damage. As the syndrome is so rare (and often misdiagnosed as back pain), medical professionals can misdiagnose it. If you believe this has happened, you may be able to claim compensation.
Why choose Freeths?
- Your needs are put first – we can visit you at home or in hospital if this is appropriate for you
- We can offer FREE initial telephone advice, a FREE first interview and advice on funding your claim
- Our renowned team of Clinical Negligence lawyers have the expertise to answer your questions
- You can trust us to treat you with respect and take the time to understand your unique case
- We have individuals and teams rated highly in both the Legal 500 and Chambers guides
Call us now to discuss your medical negligence claim in further detail.
Our expert solicitors can help you if you believe there has been a delay in recognising the symptoms of cauda equina syndrome, or in operating to release the nerve compression.
Our specialist team will be able to help you claim financial compensation for the injuries and losses that would otherwise have been avoided. Whether you want to bring a claim against a hospital, surgeon or medical specialist, we can help you.
You can rely on our experience of dealing with spinal injury and cauda equina claims to help you achieve the compensation you deserve.
Our Cauda Equina Syndrome Legal Team
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014