Putting it right
What is involved?
When cerebral palsy is caused during birth or by inadequate medical care during pregnancy, your child could be entitled to compensation. If you have concerns about the treatment you received during pregnancy or delivery, or about the care of your child in the neonatal period or during an episode of acute illness, you should consider taking legal advice. Compensation will help enable your child to live a more fulfilling life.
It can be difficult to know whether to take legal advice, particularly when time and energy are taken up with the everyday care of an injured child. But, if you think that your child’s cerebral palsy could have been caused by errors during your pregnancy or the birth, you can contact us for a FREE initial discussion.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our Clinical Negligence Team has a national reputation for providing the highest quality advice
- We understand that each case is different; we will take time to get to know your unique situation
- You can trust our empathetic, considerate lawyers to handle your case sensitively throughout
- We can offer FREE initial telephone advice, a FREE first interview and a home visit if convenient
- You’ll benefit from our many years’ experience of successfully bringing claims for cerebral palsy
Call us now to see how we can help you and your child.
We understand that the consequences of medical negligence can be devastating for the whole family.
Our highly experienced team has an excellent record of successfully representing clients and bringing claims for cerebral palsy. Our aim is to make the legal process as manageable as possible for you. The compensation we have secured over the years has helped many families live their lives as comfortably as possible. Any damages we receive for your child can go a long way towards paying for specialist care, accommodation and equipment.
You may also wish to find out more about our Court of Protection lawyers.
Freeths are members of the Brain Injury Group – a specialist network of brain injury solicitors and support services for brain injury survivors and their families.
Cerebral Palsy Lawyers
0845 050 3289
0845 050 3282
0186 578 1140
0186 578 1019
0845 272 5677
0845 634 2593
"Even though she didn't know my child she was very, very caring, so I knew that we'd found the right solicitor."
(Jenny, mother of child with cerebral palsy client)
"The firm is very organised and has great communication skills." "Very good-quality work and high-value work; they get a lot of work locally and nationwide. Their client service is superb."
(Chambers and Partners, 2016)
"The lawyers take an incredibly thorough approach to every case."
(The Legal 500, 2015)
"I cannot adequately express my gratitude to you for reaching this outcome - your work and advice have been exceptional throughout."
"The go-to firm for all clinical negligence claims."
(The Legal 500)
- The Claimant suffered brain damage following failures in the care that she received shortly after her birth. Settlement achieved of a lump sum of £4 million and annual payments of £110,000 for life.
- £5 million achieved, comprising of a lump sum together with yearly payments for life, for an 8 year old boy who suffered severe brain damage at birth due to negligent medical care at Luton and Dunstable Hospital. He has cerebral palsy and requires 24 hour care. The monies will go towards his future care and an adapted home.
- A lump sum of £1.2 million and annual payments for care for life, for a boy who was brain damaged and developed severe cerebral palsy as a result of delay in delivering him after he became distressed during his mother’s labour.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014