Acquired Brain Injury
Putting it right
What is involved?
When someone suffers an acquired brain injury, the results can be devastating for them and their family. If the injury has been caused by someone else’s negligence, our experienced lawyers can provide the injured person – or their family – with specialist advice regarding bringing a claim for compensation.
There are many situations in which an acquired brain injury can occur – such as delayed treatment of meningitis or inadequate care directly after birth. We have represented clients with catastrophic brain injury following brain surgery and brain damage due to negligent neonatal care and anaesthetic negligence. Our clinical negligence team has considerable experience in brain injury claims including cerebral palsy claims, ready to answer your specific questions.
Where assistance with the management of compensation payments is needed, to safeguard the funds for the longer term, our experts in Court of Protection can help.
Call our Clinical Negligence or Court of Protection teams now to see how we can help you.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our Clinical Negligence team is very successful at bringing compensation claims for brain injury
- We can offer you free initial telephone advice, a free first interview and advice on funding
- Your practical needs come first – our lawyers can visit you at home if that is more convenient
- We’re involved with The Silverlining Charity; providing support to those with acquired brain injury
- Your claim will be handled by caring, considerate and accredited lawyers – you will be in good hands
We have had extensive experience dealing with a whole range of cases, from maximum severity or catastrophic brain injury – where round the clock care is required – to cases where the effects of a brain injury are more subtle.
We can call on a wide selection of experts to give advice on what the injured person needs in order to provide for their future. Many of our solicitors are experienced in brain injury claims.
Freeths are members of the Brain Injury Group – a specialist network of brain injury solicitors and support services for brain injury survivors and their families.
Acquired Brain Injury Lawyers
0845 050 3289
0845 050 3282
0186 578 1140
0186 578 1019
0845 272 5677
0845 634 2593
"I cannot adequately express my gratitude to you for reaching this outcome - your work and advice have been exceptional throughout."
"The firm is very organised and has great communication skills."
"Very good-quality work and high-value work; they get a lot of work locally and nationwide. Their client service is superb."
(Chambers & Partners, 2016)
"The lawyers take an incredibly thorough approach to every case."
(The Legal 500, 2015)
"Thank you for the way you dealt with my case with compassion and professionalism."
- Securing over £11.5 million, comprising of a lump sum together with yearly payments for life, for a young boy who suffered a catastrophic neurological injury due to negligent anaesthetic treatment. He suffered brain damage and visual impairment. He required 24 hour care, therapeutic support and specially adapted accommodation.
- Conducting a serious case involving the failure to appropriately diagnose and treat meningitis in a teenage boy. Already succeeded in obtaining some admissions from the Defendants.
- An infant who sustained severe injuries due to delayed treatment of meningitis. The claim settled for £6 million.
- A young man who sustained brain damage due to delay in removing a blood clot on the brain. Freeths secured a settlement of £3 million.
- A newborn whose disabilities were increased as a result of inadequate nursing care. A settlement of £1 million achieved and lifelong payments for nursing care were achieved.
- A young woman who suffered brain damage following failures in the care that she received shortly after her birth. Settlement included a lump sum of £4 million and annual payments of £110,000 for life.
- A man who suffered severe brain injury following treatment for a throat infection. We achieved compensation of £1.2 million.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014