Finding the right balance
What is involved?
We understand that diabetes can be life changing. Early diagnosis and careful management is important to ensure proper treatment and reduce the risk of serious and long-term complications. A late or misdiagnosis of diabetes could be caused by the failure of a GP to refer you to hospital. Or, if the hospital fails to carry out appropriate tests, follow up your results, or manage your condition properly.
A late diagnosis of diabetes, resulting in inadequate management of blood sugar levels, can result in complications such as loss of peripheral sensation, increased risk of infection/gangrene, vision loss and blindness, cardiovascular disease, kidney failure, diabetic ketoacidosis and ultimately death.
Call us now for FREE initial advice and see how we can help you.
Why choose Freeths?
- Your needs are put first – we can offer home visits, advice on funding and a FREE first interview
- Our clinical negligence team are rated by the Legal 500 and Chambers as market leaders
- You’ll find our experienced, approachable medical negligence lawyers all across the UK
- We have a proven track record of claiming financial compensation for injuries and losses
Whether you have Type 1, Type 2 or gestational diabetes, we can help you receive fair compensation for your injury or loss.
We are experienced in dealing with this complex condition; our medical negligence lawyers will be sensitive to your worries. Our expert solicitors can help if you believe there has been a delay in diagnosis or a misdiagnosis of the symptoms of diabetes – and if this has resulted in an injury caused by the conditions associated with it.
0845 050 3276
0845 050 3289
0186 578 1140
0845 166 6258
0186 578 1010
0186 578 1019
Clinical Negligence Executive
0845 050 3290
0845 634 2593
- Achieving a pay out of £725,000 for a gentleman who required a below-the-knee amputation following repeated failures to appropriately treat his diabetic foot ulcer.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014