Support for Brachial Plexus Palsy
What is involved?
Erb’s palsy (also known as brachial plexus palsy) is a condition where a baby is born with damage to the brachial plexus nerves. These nerves serve the muscles of the shoulder, arm and hand. It is widely thought that these injuries occur when a baby’s shoulder gets ‘stuck’ during the course of the delivery.
Some birth injuries are unavoidable, because the baby has to be delivered urgently to avoid brain injury or death. However, in most cases Erb’s palsy is the result of a failure by the doctor or midwife to take necessary steps to avoid it. If it is shown that it was caused by medical negligence, your child is entitled to compensation. Our experienced lawyers can help you make an Erb’s palsy claim and fight for the care your child needs.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our Clinical Negligence team has particular expertise in birth and spinal injury claims
- You can trust our approachable lawyers to always treat you with respect and empathy
- We offer FREE initial telephone advice, a FREE first interview and we can advise on funding
- Your needs come first – we are able to travel and visit you at home if this is appropriate
Call us now to find out how we can help with your Erb’s palsy medical negligence claim.
Our medical negligence solicitors are able to obtain you compensation which can help towards covering the extra care that your child needs.
This could also include essential support towards travel costs to hospital, special equipment for your child, or money for their future care. We understand the distress of learning that medical negligence from a hospital or medical professional has caused unnecessary suffering for your child.
The specialist Clinical Negligence team at Freeths has considerable experience in handling clinical negligence claims for birth injuries, including Erb’s palsy. We will support and guide you through a complex legal process.
Alternatively complete the form below:
Our Erb’s Palsy Legal Team
- Represented an 8 year old boy who sustained an Erb’s palsy injury during his birth.
- £250,000 was successfully obtained from South Buckinghamshire NHS Trust to provide compensation for the Claimant’s injuries and to fund equipment that he needed.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014