Misdiagnosis and delay in treatment
What is involved?
Sepsis is a potentially life threatening condition, triggered when the immune system goes into overdrive causing blood pressure to drop. This prevents the blood supply from reaching vital organs and can cause damage to organs and tissues. Sepsis can lead to septic shock, multiple organ failure and death.
Sepsis can affect anyone who suffers an injury or infection. However, there are certain groups of people who are more at risk of contracting the condition. These include the very old or very young, people with weakened immune systems, people who have just suffered an accident, and pregnant women.
When detected early, sepsis can often be treated successfully with intravenous antibiotics. However, once vital organs have been affected, a person can become very ill very quickly. Errors that can lead to clinical negligence claims include misdiagnosis, failure to recognise the symptoms of sepsis and delays in the diagnosis of sepsis or treatment.
Why choose Freeths?
- You can get FREE initial telephone advice and a FREE first interview to discuss your needs
- Our professional, empathetic lawyers are able to visit you at home if this is appropriate
- We offer advice on funding your clinical negligence claim and have a successful track record
Our specialist clinical negligence team at Freeths has considerable experience in handling clinical negligence claims involving misdiagnosis and delays in diagnosis or treatment of sepsis.
We understand the devastating impact that sepsis can have on patients and their loved ones.
Freeths have successfully obtained compensation for patients and those bereaved as a result of sepsis. We know how vital compensation can be in helping those affected by sepsis to rebuild their lives or in relieving financial worries. Our clinical negligence team has a wide range of experts, ready to answer your specific questions.
Call our Clinical Negligence team now to see how we can help you.
Alternatively complete the form below:
Our Sepsis Legal Team
- A claim that was settled for £200,000 on behalf of a 62 year old woman who was left with destruction of the shoulder joint and an ongoing chronic bone infection as a result of the failure to diagnosis septic arthritis and a delay in administering appropriate intravenous antibiotics.
- Another successful case was a claim that settled for £250,000 brought on behalf of a widow who sadly lost her husband at age 39 because of a delay in diagnosis of a severe streptococcal infection which caused multiple organ failure and septic shock.
- Obtained an out of Court settlement for £450,000 for a husband whose wife died following a failure by her GP and the local hospital to diagnose and treat sepsis.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014