Adel Shetty joined Freeths in January 2016, having previously trained and worked for 5 years at Nabarro and then a boutique real estate firm in London.
Adel advises both borrowers and lenders on a full range of general banking matters with experience of acquisition, Islamic and project finance in addition to his particular expertise of real estate finance.
Real Estate Finance
Adel advises a number of lender and borrower clients on real estate investment and development finance in a range of sectors, including residential, office, light industrial, healthcare and student accommodation.
- Advising the borrower on a £170 million+ refinancing of a PFI street lighting project.
- Advising the borrower group on a £30 million refinancing of a portfolio of wind farms.
- Advising a joint venture entity on a £45 million debt acquisition secured against a shopping centre, followed by the restructure of the acquired debt and its subsequent refinancing.
- Advising a major UK clearing bank in connection with various facilities.
- Advising a student accommodation provider on a number of transactions involving properties throughout the UK.
- Advising a property developer in connection with a £21.5 million Sharia compliant development loan facility to refinance the acquisition and fund the development of a mixed use site in South London.
- Advising a property investment and management business in connection with various loan facilities including a €30 million facility provided by a UK insurance company to refinance an office building in Barcelona.
- Advising a property investment company, in relation to senior and mezzanine facilities to acquire a 35 acre office and industrial business park in the Midlands.
- Advising on the financing of a portfolio of care home acquisitions for a private equity fund.
- Advising a residential housing developer on a number of acquisition and development financing deals.
- Advising a hotel developer on senior and mezzanine development finance deals including with Chinese lenders.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014