John McDermott originally qualified as an Employment lawyer before transferring to Corporate law in 2014.
John has experience acting for a diverse client base including manufacturers, retailers, publishers, property developers, professional services companies, venture capital funds and social housing providers.
John has built up particular expertise in the owner-managed business field. Dealing with shareholders day-in, day-out informs John’s pragmatic and commercial approach which he applies to any transaction.
Typical examples of John’s work includes:
- Mergers & Acquisitions – asset and share sales and purchases;
- Share buybacks;
- Share-for-share exchanges;
- Shareholders’ agreements and articles of association;
- Employee share schemes, including EMI schemes;
- Capital reductions;
- Group reorganisations, including share issues, reclassifications, and re-denominations;
- Company incorporation, appointments, HMRC and Companies House filing requirements;
- Corporate governance;
- Due diligence and disclosure;
- Venture capital investment – including S/EIS investments etc;
- Loan agreements and associated security documents.
- Acting for the management team in the management buy-out of Arada Limited, the United Kingdom’s leading stove manufacturer.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014