"I can say without a doubt that Leanne is the best senior associate I have had the pleasure to work with in my 30 plus years in business. She is hard working, energetic, knowledgeable and thorough, as well as having a great sense of humour."
(Dean Westmoreland, Group Chairman & Chief Executive of Omar Group Limited)
Leanne is a Director in the corporate finance team, specialising in acquisitions and disposals of companies and businesses of large corporates, SMEs and owner managers.
Leanne has a particular focus on MBOs, private equity investments and equity release arrangements – acting for both management teams and private equity houses.
Leanne also advises on all aspects of company and partnership law matters including directors’ liabilities, directors’ duties, shareholder disputes and minority shareholder protections.
Leanne has acted on a wide variety of corporate transactions and regularly advises clients in relation to their general company and commercial queries. She has acted for both buyer and seller on share and asset deals. Leanne also has experience of management buyouts, management buy-ins, corporate restructurings including demergers, finance and re-financing work.
Leanne has a particular focus on MBOs, private equity investments, and equity release arrangements – acting for both management teams and private equity houses. She works in a variety of sectors including manufacturing, education, holiday parks/homes and technology.
- Acting for Omar Group Limited, Britain’s premier park home and luxury lodge manufacturer, in relation to the investment in the business from Rutland Partners to fund further expansion in the growing park home and lodge sector.
- Acting for Finance Birmingham in relation to the transactions which have been completed under the new £56 million Mezzanine Fund. This is the largest individual growth capital fund for SMEs in the West Midlands and is supported by the Governments Regional Growth Fund.
- Advising Lloyds Development Capital on the £17 million acquisition of Away Resorts Limited and acting for Away Resorts on the subsequent acquisition of Cosways Holiday Park.
- Advising the management team of Premier Cleaning Services in relation to the management buyout backed by Investec.
- Advising Lloyds Development Capital on the MBO of Rimor.
- Acting for Pollard Boxes on the Acquisition of Clarke Rubicon.
- Freeths advises on sale of Consilium Strategic Communications to ICR
- Enjoying the success of business growth and protecting value go hand in hand
- Freeths celebrate success at the Midlands Dealmakers Awards 2022
- Freeths win Corporate Law Firm of the Year 2020
- Freeths advise Egis on its latest acquisition
- Freeths advises management on the £22.5m MBO of Precision Micro
To contact Leanne or for more information…
“Leanne coordinated the sale process for a £10 million company acquisition, and was the focal point for a number of key activities within the acquisition process. These included review of initial offers; coordination of data room information; management of a complex due diligence process; review of and advice on sale and purchase agreements; and coordination of a detailed disclosure process. Each of these activities came with its own challenges and requirements, particularly during an intensive period of negotiations, and throughout each of them, Leanne maintained an organised, professional and helpful approach. Leanne was a pleasure to work with, from both a professional and a personal perspective.”(Greg Shillabeer, MD, Arcus Renewable Energy Consulting Ltd)
“Leanne was an integral member of the legal team that advised the owner/managers at Thomas Vale on the sale of the business to an international trade buyer. She took control of the extensive due diligence process and her ability to organise and process the copious quantity of detail that was required took a lot of pressure off the management who were balancing the day to day running of the business with the requirements of the transaction. When the negotiations were tense Leanne always maintained a clear head and kept us on an even keel with her calm and positive attitude. Leanne’s ability to absorb the detail of the transaction and give sound legal advice without losing sight of the bigger picture was a significant factor in the delivery of what was a challenging deal.”(David Newcombe, Thomas Vale Group)
“I have been using Freeths for legal advice for over 20 years on a number of business related matters including employment, commercial, property matters as well as acquisitions and business sales. I can say without a doubt that Leanne is the best senior associate I have had the pleasure to work with in my 30 plus years in business. She is hard working, energetic, knowledgeable and thorough, as well as having a great sense of humour. We recently worked together on a project to bring a new private equity investor into our business. The project went very smoothly thanks to Leanne’s professional and meticulous approach; all primary documents were drafted on our side, the documents were produced effectively, quickly and efficiently and negotiations were pragmatic, resulting in a successful deal for all parties. The acid test being that the private equity investor plans to use Freeths on future acquisitions.”(Dean Westmoreland, Group Chairman & Chief Executive of Omar Group Limited)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014