Victoria is a Managing Associate in the Family Wealth and Tax team, based in Sheffield and covering work in the Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool offices.
Victoria has worked in the area of private client for over ten years, specialising in areas including:
- Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Estate Planning
- Trust Creation and Taxation
- Declarations of Trust
- Estate Administration
- Personal Taxation and Voluntary Disclosures
Victoria joined the firm as a Solicitor in March 2018 and has 6 years’ post qualified experience and is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) with Distinction.
Victoria has experience in dealing with a wide variety of Trust matters including; the preparation of Trust deeds, Trust administration and tax compliance matters and can assist with the preparation of Trustee income tax returns and inheritance tax returns
Victoria also has experience in preparing Declarations of Trust and other Trust documentation, such as Deeds of Appointment and Retirement of Trustees, Deeds of Appointment (to appoint capital out of a Trust) and Loan Agreements.
- Advising individual clients on wealth preservation through estate, succession and tax planning
- Assisting clients on Will structuring for asset protection and inheritance tax planning where there are diverse family needs to be met
- Advising on the preparation of Declarations of Trust to record complex beneficial ownership of property
- Advising and assisting families with complex trust arrangements
- Advising upon the preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Liaising with HM Revenue and Customs on voluntary disclosures for individuals and executors.
Wills & Lasting Powers of Attorney
Victoria has experience in drafting Wills for clients, ranging from simple Wills to those containing trusts and tax planning structures. Victoria’s approach to drafting Wills is to make the process as client-friendly as possible.
Victoria assists clients with the preparation and registration of both Property and Financial Affairs Lasting Powers of Attorney and Health and Welfare Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Prepared mirror Wills for married clients to allow for their estate to qualify for the Residential Nil Rate Band.
- Prepared mirror asset protection Wills giving the surviving spouse a life interest in the deceased’s share of the family home, thereby protecting the underlying capital from financial assessment should the survivor require local authority care in the future.
- Prepared a Notice of Severance to sever a joint tenancy to prevent the property passing by survivorship on death and allowing the couple to leave their share of the property in an Asset Protection Trust within their Wills.
- Prepared and registered mirror Lasting Powers of Attorney for property and financial affairs appointing the donor’s spouse as attorney and children as replacement attorneys.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014