Intellectual Property & Media
We value your brand
Areas of Intellectual Property & Media
What does our work involve?
- Trade marks, Patents, designs, copyright, confidential information
- Intellectual Property dispute resolution
- Trade mark and registered designs, filing and prosecution worldwide
- Trade mark opposition, cancellation and revocation proceedings
- Worldwide intellectual property portfolio management and strategic advice
- Full range of trade mark, company name, app and domain name watching services
- Product, trade mark and design clearance work
- Transactional advice and drafting: IP Licences, IP transfers, taking security over IP
- Reputation management: defamation and trade libel
- Privacy, personal data and image rights
- Advertising clearance/making and defending against ASA complaints
- Social media and website takedowns
- Domain name management and domain name dispute resolution
- Company Name Tribunal complaints
Call our experienced Intellectual Property & Media team to find out more.
Why choose Freeths?
Get the full kit and caboodle when it comes to intellectual property, brand and reputation management.
Our team of specialist solicitors and trade mark attorneys provide just that: A fully integrated service focussed on business objectives through proactive protection, defence and exploitation of your intellectual property rights.
We provide many of our services on a fixed fee or capped fee basis
One-stop-shop quality service
We offer a one-stop-shop because all our expertise is in one place. That enables us to truly focus on clients’ desired outcomes and their commercial objectives.
What that means is we can provide a fully rounded and joined-up service that is timely, efficient and therefore cost effective. Freeths and Simon Barker are also listed on IP Stars – a global guide to leading IP firms and lawyers.
Intellectual Property & Media Lawyers
Partner & Head of Intellectual Property
0845 634 2583
0845 030 5762
0845 166 6338
0845 166 6251
0845 404 1730
Trainee Trade Mark Attorney
0845 128 7979
0845 077 9652
0845 634 1735
0845 070 3811
Senior Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
0845 077 9662
Hot potatoes: advertising regulation and the food sectorArticles 11th Sep 2018
Reading the tea leaves: the ASA and intellectual property rightsArticles 28th Aug 2018
What has happened to domain WHOIS information?Articles 1st Aug 2018
"Freeths LLP is known for its ‘great efficiency and quick answers’ and for being ‘one of the most reactive and effective firms in the UK’."
(The Legal 500, 2017)
"Sources describe the team as 'friendly and understanding'. Clients describe Simon Barker as a 'really helpful and attentive' lawyer."
(Chambers & Partners, 2017)
"They are very thorough, quick to reply, and are very good at understanding our needs."
"All of the lawyers seem to really value our business."
"Clients say Simon Barker 'provides commercially minded, practical advice and understands our business aims'."
(Chambers & Partners, 2016)
“Stuart handled our case & represented Really Good Domains Ltd in both a Domain Name Dispute and Company Name Tribunal with the same respondent. He quickly understood the key facts of our complaints and presented the relevant facts in a clear, well presented manner."
"Michael Servian is the key figure at Freeths for media and entertainment. The firm acts for the estates of various authors and film directors, and has assisted many successful musicians with publishing agreements. The team is ‘excellent, and great to work with'."
(The Legal 500)
“Sarah manages our extensive trade mark portfolio and provides us with legal advice on all intellectual property related matters including enforcing our trade mark rights and dealing with third party claims. Sarah always manages to achieve a commercially sensible solution and does it in the cost effective way. It has and continues to be great working with Sarah; not only is her work incredibly detailed she also understands the needs of our business providing quick, intelligent and effective solutions to support our business requirements. It is a great partnership.”
(Helen Cook, as Marketing Director, A3D2 Limited)
"Freeths LLP provides 'a great level of service’ where you get ‘timely, pragmatic advice which focuses on the important elements’."
(The Legal 500, 2019)
A client says: "I really appreciate their ability to see things from a new point of view and their persistence in finding new ways and solutions to solve a case." Another notes: "The level of understanding between the firm and our company is first-class."
(Chambers & Partners, 2019)
- Successful passing off claim over copycat food label and packaging
- Successful prosecution of a claim for breach of confidence, copyright infringement and entitlement to foreign patents – litigated and settled in the UK
- Successful defence over claim to infringement of design rights in footwear
- Settlement of worldwide trade mark dispute and settlement by co-existence agreement
- Defence and amicable settlement of claim for breach of confidence and infringement of design and other rights in automotive industry
- Multiple successful domain name recoveries and Company Names Tribunal actions
- Agreements for a complex collaboration on the development of a new construction technology
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014