Safeguarding wealth for the future
What is involved?
Trusts can be a useful way to protect your family, your business or your home. Our lawyers can assist with everything from trust creation through to winding up on lifetime trusts, testamentary trusts, personal injury trusts and more. Freeths’ team of in-house financial advisors can also assist in the preparation of trust assets.
We can advise on the safe custody of securities and prepare all the necessary documents during your trust’s lifetime. Our team also handle receipts and payments (including investment income and distribution of capital income), and the preparation of annual accounts, tax returns and the submission of returns to HMRC.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our team brings together lawyers with legal, accountancy and tax backgrounds to handle trusts
- We don’t use jargon – using clear language helps us to avoid problems and misunderstandings
- You can rely on us to provide alternatives if a trust is unsuitable or won’t meet your expectations
- We provide a proactive, creative approach that is tailored to benefit you and your family
- If you have an accountant or financial advisor, we are always happy to work with them
Call our experienced Private Client team now to find out how we can help you with Trusts.
Our trusts team provide peace of mind, sound advice and a smooth-running service in this complex area of law.
We take into account family members who are very young or otherwise vulnerable, helping to find a trust that suits you.
The needs of you and your family will always be put first by our lawyers. Some trusts are used to minimise tax, or to take advantage of tax loopholes. We do not believe in artificial schemes which eventually fall foul of HMRC. However, we do take advantage of reliable methods of tax mitigation through the use of trusts. You can depend on us to listen to your concerns.
We also offer a variety of detailed information guides about Trusts, including a general guide, a price guide for setting one up, and your responsibilities as a Trustee. Please get in touch if you would like a copy.
Alternatively complete the form below:
Our Trusts Lawyers Legal Team
- Advising and assisting families with complex Declaration of Trust arrangements.
- Drafting and administration of Personal Injury Trusts including High Court approved trusts for injured children.
- Supporting inter-generational family trusts, acting as a trustee and also advising trustees of their responsibilities.
- The creation of a personal injury trust for a minor following an award of compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. The trust was drafted to provide defined subfunds for various specified needs of the beneficiary.
- Trust reorganisation for a farming family working with accountant and corporate colleagues to restructure family company. This was to enable succession to family business and protection of interests in land for family members not involved in the business.
- Acting as a court-appointed independent administrator/judicial trustee in complex contested estate administrations.
- Advising a client on the termination of a will trust upon the beneficiary reaching a specified age. In particular advising regarding the taxation elements, including Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax and the availability of holdover relief. Completing the appropriate returns for submission to HMRC.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014