What is involved?
Freeths are proud to be widely recognised as a firm of choice to successfully deliver long-term regeneration projects for both public and private sector stakeholders. Our high quality work includes acting for private sector partners or public authorities on some of the largest regeneration projects in the country.
Our lawyers are adept at reviewing the structures for the project vehicle, whether as a joint venture company, limited liability partnership, limited partnership or otherwise. We ensure safe passage through the minefield of public law procurement issues and the Real Estate aspect of the land assembly, financing and end disposal.
Why choose Freeths?
- We have a wide range of experience in respect of major regeneration projects
- You can rely on our lawyers to be commercially-minded, cost efficient and to explain things clearly
- Dedicated teams in Banking & Finance, Tax, Planning, Construction and Environmental Law ensure a one stop service with any issue dealt with
- We have built a national reputation for the quality of our work in this field
Our approach is to gain a thorough understanding of every pressure point within your project, including the accounting and regulatory environment. We are well used to dealing with complications such as building on, or adjacent to, major infrastructure such as transport hubs, railway lines, river and flood plains. Call us now to find out how we can help you with your regeneration project.
Our other services include:
- Asset Management & Investment
- Biodiversity Net Gain
- Clean Energy, Waste & Sustainability
- Commercial Development
- Estate Management
- Heat Networks
- Housebuilding & Strategic Land
- Nutrient Neutrality and Water Neutrality
- Property Disputes
- Public Sector Property
- Real Estate Finance
- Social Housing
Regional Lead for Real Estate in the Midlands – Partner in the Housebuilding & Strategic Land Team
0345 050 3630
0345 050 3273
0345 340 4215
0345 077 9675
0345 050 3676
0345 126 3775
0345 128 6958
0345 026 7904
0345 073 8581
0114 263 9499
0345 274 6811
0345 077 9646
0345 274 6920
0345 128 6990
0345 050 3627
0345 274 6818
0117 472 5385
0345 404 4134
0345 030 5803
0345 404 1735
0345 077 9608
0345 030 5681
0345 030 5729
"I really appreciate the excellent work Freeths’ have done for us on this and other matters. It is great to have total confidence that matters will be handled well by you and your team, and with clear regard to our needs. Mark has recently obtained authority to borrow up to £20million, so I hope we’ll be able to work together on some other acquisitions in the very near future!"
(Simon Young Epsom & Ewell Borough Council)
“The team at Freeths are outstanding, knowledgeable and very helpful.”
(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“Freeths find the best practical and commercial solutions to complicated issues.”
(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
- Advising Bellway Homes Limited in relation to the ground-breaking partnering arrangement with Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council, InPartnership Limited and Whitefriars Housing Group for carrying out the major 15 year, £1.8 billion regeneration of Council estates in North Solihull.
- A town centre regeneration for a London Borough Council, including the relocation of a library, commercial leases and shared ownership leases as part of the new library building, the acquisition of land from the Greater London Authority with linked grant funding, and a collaboration agreement with an adjoining land owner for the disposal of 66 residential units to a national housebuilder.
- Acted for Guildford Borough Council in relation to Development Agreement, re-geared headlease and related documentation relating to the redevelopment of Tunsgate Shopping Centre in Guildford, a £50 million scheme.
- Recently instructed by Loughborough University to act on their behalf in relation to the University’s strategically important Science Park in Loughborough.
- Recently instructed by London Borough of Camden in relation to advising on options for the disposal/regeneration of an important and valuable site in West Hampstead.
- Acting for Mole Valley Council in relation to the redevelopment and re-gearing of the Head Lease of the St Martin’s Shopping Centre in Dorking.
- Advised major developers on a mixed-use, town centre regeneration project in Barnet, London (1,500,000 sq m including 78,000 sq m shopping centre extension, 395,000 sq m of offices and 7,500 homes) and £1 billion of infrastructure and planning benefits.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014