Beauty and Personal Care
Specialist beauty and personal care lawyers
We are a nationally-renowned team of beauty and personal care lawyers, acting for many leading global cosmetic brands.
Our lawyers are experts in legal issues surrounding beauty, cosmetics and personal care. We understand the beauty and personal care industry, the legal & regulatory framework and the key commercial drivers. We are proud of and enjoy working in partnership with our clients to help deliver results, manage commercial risk and maximise financial gains across every stage of the product life cycle.
We are a dedicated legal team, working exclusively in the beauty and personal care legal field.
Our team are Luxury Law Alliance partners – recognising how our experts provide insightful commentary on the luxury sector through articles, research and webinars.
Our beauty and personal care legal services include:
Intellectual property & trademarks
We realise value for you by:
- Registering new brands & supporting them to grow revenue and reputation
- Registering designs for bottle shapes or packaging
- Protecting and defending trademarks, including opposing & cancelling conflicting trademarks, issuing cease and desist correspondence and negotiating co-existence agreements
- Monitoring for third party infringement across multi-channels
We realise value for you by:
- Drafting & negotiating key agreements such as supply, purchase, distribution, licensing, merchandising and advertising agreements
- Drafting & negotiating influencer, brand ambassador, affiliate marketing and celebrity endorsement agreements and licences
- Drafting documentation for the appointment of cosmetic scientists, preservation of trade secrets and consistency of formulations
- Drafting & negotiating licences for resellers and advising on selective distribution channels to enable the exclusivity of products to be preserved
Regulatory & compliance
We realise value for you by:
- Advising on regulatory & compliance issues, labelling of products and compliance with EU and UK laws
- Assisting with advertising issues, clearance and complaints
- Advising on the application of competition law to commercial agreements, pricing, distribution, licensing and supply agreements
- Advising on sustainability initiatives and cooperation agreements in the personal care industry
- Advising on merger control matters as well as CMA market studies and investigations
- Advising on how to mitigate information exchange risk
- Devising competition law compliance & dawn raid policies and training and providing an on-call dawn raid response service
Other legal services
We can also support you with:
- Corporate and business transactions: advising on asset & share sales and purchases, investment, taking security and factoring
- Dispute management: representing in litigation actions, online take-downs, complaints to third party platforms (eg Facebook, Twitter, Google) and domain name complaints; general disputes in relation to contracts, employment matters and customer complaints; management and defence of data breaches;
- Technology: advising on the acquisition and integration of new technology to support digitisation of the business
- Employment support: support including drafting contractual documentation and restrictive covenants, advice on protecting confidential information, whistleblowing and effective management of day to day HR matters to protect employer brand and reputation.
- Data Protection: support in creating compliant systems and frameworks internally and with external providers (including international data transfer considerations); advising on data protection related queries and complaints.
What our clients say:
“Knowledgeable, accurate in their approach, business oriented, ready to exchange views and to guide and support us to reach our goal”
George B Tenediotis | General Counsel | Korres
“Helped us every step of the way and always delivered, providing both legal support and process support to ensure we got to the end state. Organisation and communication were key.
We are a dedicated legal team and work exclusively in the beauty and personal care legal field. For more information, please contact Rebecca Howlett.
Our clients include:
Beauty and Personal Care Lawyers
0207 440 5841
0345 272 5723
0345 634 2583
0345 166 6338
0345 128 6997
0345 030 5699
0345 030 5781
Malin Svanberg Larsson
0345 166 6335
0345 166 6349
0186 578 1057
0345 077 9561
0345 340 4206
Protect your cosmetic business: top tips for safeguarding your crown jewelsArticles 2nd Mar 2023
The Influencer Market – What to do if the ASA complains?Articles 3rd Jan 2023
Engaging InfluencersArticles 22nd Apr 2022
We have been working with Rebecca and her team on various projects. Some projects required immediate action or had very tight timeframes, others were longer term strategic planning projects for the business. One thing was consistent in all cases, Rebecca, and her team were knowledgeable, accurate in their approach, business oriented, ready to exchange views and to guide and support us to reach our goal. I cannot recommend Rebecca strongly enough.
(George B Tenediotis | General Counsel | Korres)
Freeths’ Commercial team worked alongside us, in partnership with us. Rebecca and her team helped us every step of the way and always delivered, providing both legal support and process support to ensure we got to the end state. Organisation and communication were key.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014