Providing the elements for growth
What is involved in life sciences?
The ever-changing life sciences sector requires businesses in this industry to adapt to the demands and challenges of operating in a regulated and competitive sector. Our team of lawyers are used to supporting businesses in the life sciences sector.
What we love most about being part of the life sciences sector is the innovation, energy and drive of the sector, and the sector’s constant search for new and better solutions for its customers and stakeholders. There are constant demands on them to continually innovate and adapt to a rapidly changing world. The here and now of the pandemic and its global impact on human life and the world economy is testament to the demands being placed on businesses in the life sciences sector to provide innovative solutions.
Why choose our life sciences expertise?
- Our specialists regularly advise businesses and investors with interests in bio-tech, med-tech, diagnostics and pharmaceuticals
- Expect clear, practical advice from a friendly team of lawyers with a wide experience of issues impacting businesses in the life sciences sector
- City expertise and advice without the cost. Our regional cost base offers significant savings to you compared to other City firms
- Many of our lawyers are ranked in the top tier of both The Legal 500 and Chambers as nationally recognised as experts in their field of practice
- With 12 UK locations including Oxford and London, we are well positioned in the Golden Triangle to help you focus on more important things, such as improving our world for the better.
Life sciences webinars
In a webinar hosted by the Investment Property Forum, Patrick Whetter & Claus Andersen join an illustrious panel of experts to explore the opportunities and challenges for occupiers and investors in the Thames Valley real estate sector and life science’s strong growth trajectory for the ‘Golden Triangle’ locations of Oxford, Cambridge and London.
Watch here >
This webinar featuring Claus Andersen, the first in a series of three, aims to tackle some of the challenges faced by Life Sciences businesses when looking to scale up or trade internationally.
Watch here >
Freeths Annual Life Sciences Summit 2023 ‘Reimagining the future of Life Sciences’. Our panel of esteemed experts investigated the future of the sector, exploring the current and future opportunities and challenges that will be faced in the UK and globally. Panel members included:
- Rajarshi Banerjee, CEO, Perspectum
- Kevin D’Silva, Chairman, Michelson Diagnostics; Octopus Venture Partner; CEO of Salusinvest Venture Partners
- Emilie Syed, Senior Investment Associate, Parkwalk Advisors
- Professor David van Heel, Professor of Genetics, Chief Investigator Genes and Health, Queen Mary University of London.
Life Sciences Lawyers
0345 340 4215
0185 678 1295
0345 166 6300
0345 128 6997
0345 030 5699
0345 404 4133
0186 578 1004
0345 030 5781
0345 077 9567
Malin Svanberg Larsson
0345 166 6335
0186 578 1145
0345 128 6996
Managing Growth through Clinical Trials and Beyond WebinarPast Events 11th Oct 2023
Going Global – How can funding support my international goals for my Life Sciences businessPast Events 25th Apr 2023
Reimagining the future of Life SciencesPast Events 16th Mar 2023
They are very responsive. They deliver on time, are reliable and provide anything you would want. They are also very user friendly, pragmatic and commercial.
(Chambers & Partners, A Client’s Guide to the UK Legal Profession 2022)
Freeths has a strong team with access to a broad range of skills. In the last year I have dealt with many different members of the team on a significant number of matters, and the quality of work and customer service has been consistently high. Billing has been excellent, well tracked and well presented.
(The Legal 500, 2022)
Freeths provided exceptional service in the following dimensions: Legal skills; Communication; Focus on the case; Responsiveness; Flexibility.
(The Legal 500, 2022)
The quality of service is excellent, coupled with very strong expertise. I felt supported and kept up to date with the work that was carried out. I found Claus/Freeths responsive, with a good attention to detail, excellent communication and very professional. Helped me immensely by being proactive and having a good attitude to overcome obstacles.
- A series of licences and co-operation agreements between an Asian pharmaceutical, and a number of drug discovery companies from Holland, Belgium and Denmark.
- Advising a leading protein and biomarker discovery and validation company on an equity fund raising initiative, shareholders loans, commercial contracts and with the appointment of their new Chief Executive Officer.
- We provided support to a tech start-up in the negotiation of a licence to evaluate, research, develop and subsequently exploit certain intellectual property owned by a university in order to expand their business offering into new sectors.
- The restructure of the supply chain for an Austrian Pharmaceutical with subsidiaries in a number of countries including the UK, to comply with the regulatory landscape after Brexit along with securing that the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) granted the English subsidiary a wholesale dealer licence for the UK.
- Advised a medical diagnostic device manufacture on drafting and negotiating a collaboration agreement in the field of diabetes diagnosis with a leading UK university and advising the client on a commercial agency dispute. Drafting and reviewing a clinical supply agreement and a quality agreement between an Asian Pharmaceutical and a Scandinavian drug discovery company.
- We advised a technology healthcare company on its partnership with an NHS AI based diagnostic service. Our client is responsible for the roll-out and further development of AI diagnostics information system for 11 NHS Hospitals.
- Drafting and reviewing a research agreement for a London based University.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company on the drafting and negotiating of data/IP/IT licences and warranties on transaction documentation.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014