Probate Application Solicitors
Planning for the future
What is involved?
If someone has passed away, you can rely on our renowned Private Client Services Division to take care of the essentials. Probate, Trusts and Administration of Estates can be highly confusing – especially when there is already a lot to deal with. Whether you need help proving an ambiguous Will, enforcing the practicalities of Estate Administration, or winding up a Trust, our in-depth technical knowledge and experience can give you peace of mind.
We can advise on how to deal with property, business assets, the Inland Revenue or debts. Supported by a range of solicitors from different areas, our combined expertise will help you wind up the estate as efficiently as possible. Our team can also assist with creating Trusts, helping you manage your own wealth effectively.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our friendly, experienced lawyers help to relieve stress by supporting you with complex processes
- A national reputation for offering clear, considered advice to executors, trustees and beneficiaries
- Experts in Dispute Resolution and Finance on hand to advise on family issues or money matters
- We demystify the jargon in this highly complicated area of law, leaving you to get on with life
We offer a variety of information guides on Trusts & Estate Administration, including general guides, pricing guides, and notes of what is required. Please get in touch if you would like a copy.
Freeths’ dedicated Probate, Trusts & Administration of Estates team will support you in organising, managing and safeguarding you and your family’s interests.
We can advise you on Gift Applications and Inheritance Tax Planning, Personal Injury Trusts, Personal Tax, Probate, Trusts and Wills. You can rely on us to be honest, sensitive and to explain everything clearly.
By bringing together lawyers with legal, accountancy and tax backgrounds, we offer a full spectrum of services to organise your finances. From preparing trust assets to implementing the terms of a will, we can assist you every step of the way. Our specialist Private Client Dispute Resolution team can also assist with disputes relating to Wills, Trusts and Probate. Whatever your needs, we have a confident grasp of the processes and issues involved.
Our Probate Application Solicitors Legal Team
- Advising a family in relation to challenges to Wills on grounds of lack of testamentary capacity, undue influence and want of knowledge and approval.
- Representing a group of intestacy beneficiaries at trial in relation to a claim brought against the estate based upon a nuncupative (oral) Will.
- Defending the executors of an estate from a claim to have the transfer of a property to their father set aside because of incapacity/undue influence.
- Acting in a complex Inheritance Act claim for a claimant who was a long term co-habitee of the deceased, where estate assets were tied up in a farming business.
- Supporting inter-generational family trusts, acting as a trustee and also advising trustees of their responsibilities.
- Separately pursuing and defending proprietary estoppel claims valued at over £1 million in relation to promises allegedly made in relation to the inheritance of farms.
- Drafting and administration of Personal Injury Trusts including High Court approved trusts for injured children.
- Acting for trustees in relation to an application to court to resolve a dispute in the administration of a family trust involving interests in a group of companies and property assets.
- Acting for a beneficiary of a trust in an action against the trustees for improper investment of the trust fund.
- Administering estates in which there are difficult relationships, including acting in complex contested estates where a court-appointed independent administrator/judicial trustee has been appointed.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014