Probate, Trusts & Administration of Estates
Planning for the future
Areas of Probate, Trusts & Administration of Estates
What is involved?
If someone has passed away, you can rely on our renowned Private Client team to take care of the essentials. Probate, Trusts and Administration of Estates can be highly confusing – especially when there is already a lot to deal with. Whether you need help proving an ambiguous Will, enforcing the practicalities of Estate Administration, or winding up a Trust, our in-depth technical knowledge and experience can give you peace of mind.
We can advise on how to deal with property, business assets, the Inland Revenue or debts. Supported by a range of solicitors from different areas, our combined expertise will help you wind up the estate as efficiently as possible. Our team can also assist with creating Trusts, helping you manage your own wealth effectively.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our friendly, experienced lawyers help to relieve stress by supporting you with complex processes
- A national reputation for offering clear, considered advice to executors, trustees and beneficiaries
- Experts in Dispute Resolution and Finance on hand to advise on family issues or money matters
- We demystify the jargon in this highly complicated area of law, leaving you to get on with life
Call our Private Client team now to see how we can help you.
We offer a variety of information guides on Trusts & Estate Administration, including general guides, pricing guides, and notes of what is required. Please get in touch using the form below if you would like a copy.
Freeths’ dedicated Probate, Trusts & Administration of Estates team will support you in organising, managing and safeguarding you and your family’s interests.
We can advise you on Gift Applications and Inheritance Tax Planning, Personal Injury Trusts, Personal Tax, Probate, Trusts and Wills. You can rely on us to be honest, sensitive and to explain everything clearly.
By bringing together lawyers with legal, accountancy and tax backgrounds, we offer a full spectrum of services to organise your finances. From preparing trust assets to implementing the terms of a will, we can assist you every step of the way. Our specialist Private Litigation team can also assist with disputes relating to Wills, Trusts and Probate. Whatever your needs, we have a confident grasp of the processes and issues involved.
Probate, Trusts & Administration of Estates Lawyers
0845 077 9640
0186 578 1107
0186 578 1020
0845 274 6828
0115 936 9385
0845 030 5819
0845 166 6345
0186 578 1014
Managing Partner - Oxford
0186 578 1055
0115 935 1860
0186 578 1061
0186 578 1170
0845 274 6924
0845 274 6875
0845 030 5735
0845 128 6963
0186 578 1154
0115 901 5567
0845 274 6851
0845 274 6887
0186 578 1133
0845 128 6962
0845 1666 344
0186 578 1057
0845 666 5000
01865 781 023
01865 781 136
0845 271 6795
0845 128 6965
0845 404 4137
Freeths ride high in new High Net Worth rankingsNews 20th Sep 2017
Freeths contentious trusts and estates team shortlisted for prestigious awardNews 15th Jun 2017
Private Client Update: August 2015Articles 10th Aug 2015
"Freeths is ‘pre-eminent for contentious trusts and probate’. ACTAPS member Mark Keeley is ‘a safe pair of hands’, and ‘actively promotes mediation and looks for settlements while never compromising the client’s position’. He acts in an impressive array of cases, including actions to set aside wills on grounds of undue influence, and complex Inheritance Act disputes."
(The Legal 500)
"National head of private client Nigel Roots is an expert in trusts, tax and charities, including contentious trusts matters. One source said: ‘He's very approachable and practical, and explains things well’ and has ‘phenomenal' trusts expertise."
"I would again like to thank you both for all the constant reassurance I needed throughout the whole process. You did an amazing job. After my previous solicitor experience it was almost inconceivable to me that you could tie everything up successfully the way it has turned out. So thank you very much."
"Thank you for all the work over the years; my parents' estates could not have been in better hands."
"I would like to thank you for all your hard work in sorting out my father’s estate, it has been a pleasure working with you."
"Professionalism tempered with understanding and caring."
"Department head Nigel Roots is described by peers as ‘charming and delightful to deal with’. He has a broad range of expertise in private client work and is able to advise clients on the gamut of issues."
"I’m not sure what I would do without all of you at Freeths both in the past and now. The people involved are such nice people."
"I just wanted to thank you and your team so very much for all of your hard work and support to date. The customer service that I have received from you and your team can only be described as outstanding. You always go the extra mile and it is a real pleasure to deal with you."
"Singled out for her ‘professionalism, sincerity and immense knowledge’, Jane Maitland acts as an executor and trustee and is also a Court of Protection appointed deputy for vulnerable clients."
(The Legal 500, 2017)
- Advising a family in relation to challenges to Wills on grounds of lack of testamentary capacity, undue influence and want of knowledge and approval.
- Representing a group of intestacy beneficiaries at trial in relation to a claim brought against the estate based upon a nuncupative (oral) Will.
- Defending the executors of an estate from a claim to have the transfer of a property to their father set aside because of incapacity/undue influence.
- Acting in a complex Inheritance Act claim for a claimant who was a long term co-habitee of the deceased, where estate assets were tied up in a farming business.
- Supporting inter-generational family trusts, acting as a trustee and also advising trustees of their responsibilities.
- Separately pursuing and defending proprietary estoppel claims valued at over £1 million in relation to promises allegedly made in relation to the inheritance of farms.
- Drafting and administration of Personal Injury Trusts including High Court approved trusts for injured children.
- Acting for trustees in relation to an application to court to resolve a dispute in the administration of a family trust involving interests in a group of companies and property assets.
- Acting for a beneficiary of a trust in an action against the trustees for improper investment of the trust fund.
- Administering estates in which there are difficult relationships, including acting in complex contested estates where a court-appointed independent administrator/judicial trustee has been appointed.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014