Gary is a dual-qualified solicitor with experience in a wide range of real estate matters throughout the United Kingdom. Gary has particular experience in the hospitality and leisure sector and acts for brewers, restaurant operators, pub companies and hotel operators on a variety of matters, including acquisitions and disposals of single assets and portfolios, all aspects of landlord and tenant work, general estate management and development projects.
His experience in purchases and sales of trading businesses means that Gary regularly advises clients on the wider commercial elements of those transactions, on matters such as VAT, Capital Allowances, TUPE, licensing, intellectual property, data protection and stock.
Drinks, Hospitality & Leisure
- Advising various national restaurant operators on leasehold acquisitions (often pursuant to development pre-let agreements) of retail park, shopping centre and high street sites throughout England and Wales.
- Acting on development and going concern acquisitions on behalf of a national brewer.
- Dealing with site disposals throughout Scotland for a large pub company.
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold properties, including business sales and acquisitions.
- Disposals of surplus land for development purposes
- General estate management work for a range of landlords and tenants.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014