Asset Management & Investment
Creative solutions in Real Estate
What is involved?
We constantly provide results that our fund/asset manager and investment clients appreciate. Freeths’ highly effective service combines know-how with creative technology to offer effective solutions. Our team deals with portfolios that are varied in terms of transactional and asset management requirements and split and given the breadth of our team we take heavy transactional volumes in our stride.
Our Real Estate team’s bread and butter is acquiring and disposing of assets, lettings, re-gears and advising on development opportunities, finance structures and tax structures.
We have substantial experience in dealing with opportunity funds and pension funds. We manage portfolios for a range of parties such as high net worth individuals and pension funds. This is expertise that we can put to work for you too – delivered with excellence from our well-established team.
Why choose Freeths?
- We are dedicated to backing up our services with innovative and reliable IT management systems to ensure efficiency and value
- We have extensive expertise in all areas of asset management
- Our Real Estate lawyers have worked with a wide range of fund managers, property investors and asset managers with well-known names such as Aberdeen Standard Life, CBRE, BA Pension Fund and Tesco Pension Fund
- You can rely on us to be pragmatic, approachable and practical; explaining everything without the legal jargon
Call us now to see how we can help you with Asset Management and Investment.
Our service is backed by IT management systems that have won a number of innovation awards, and it is delivered with a pro-active approach. We have a committed Innovation & Development team, ensuring that we use up-to-date technology to provide an organised and streamlined legal service.
We have been advising local authority pension funds and other institutional investor clients for over 14 years and work closely alongside clients like Aberdeen Standard, CBRE and Colliers Capital.
Our other services include:
Alternatively complete the form below:
Asset Management & Investment Lawyers
0345 634 2577
0345 050 3630
0345 272 5734
0345 340 4215
0345 030 5744
0345 340 4202
0345 050 3602
0345 050 3604
Stephen G Lewis
0345 274 6842
0345 274 6848
0345 128 6990
0345 050 3610
0345 050 3611
0345 050 3627
0345 274 6917
0186 578 1145
0345 634 1742
0345 634 2562
0345 128 6982
0345 166 6277
0345 050 3653
0345 126 3749
0345 126 4384
0345 050 3609
0345 166 6283
0345 077 9608
0345 030 5858
0345 030 5641
0345 272 5708
0345 073 8582
0345 274 6889
"I have worked closely with Mark on a wide range of real estate transactions including a five year £100 million acquisition and sales programme for an institutional client. His calm approach is an excellent foundation for successfully concluding legal agreements efficiently, achieving the client’s requirements, and on time. He seeks to provide sensible, concise and practical advice and solutions, easily understood by all the team and all involved in a transaction. The wider Freeths team are equally professional in their approach and practical application. The combined efforts of Freeths dovetail with the wider client team's skills providing a seamless service to the client."
(Andrew Owen, Director, CBRE Capital Advisors Ltd, Investment Advisory)
"I work closely with Mark Gradwell. Mark's advice is always client focussed, concise and pragmatic. He is quick to grasp the legal and commercial issues and always remains conscious of context when providing his advice. Being able to confidently express that we can complete legal transactions extremely quickly is invaluable to the funds which I manage."
(Ed Crockett, Fund Manager, Aberdeen Standard)
“I have worked with Vicky for over 10 years on the Leicestershire County Council pension fund mandate and during this time I have found Vicky’s legal advice to be very professional, pro-active, sound and commercial. Vicky is very responsive to the timescales that can be involved in transactions on the property portfolio and this helps with the smooth running of the Fund.”
(Nigel Holroyd, Head of Colliers Capital)
“We have dealt with a range of Freeths' representatives and have found each and every one to be professional, knowledgeable, strategic and communicative.”
(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“They are always available and capable, and will find solutions.”
(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“The firm has resources and specialists so that complex matters are handled well and in a timely manner.”
(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“Darren Williamson is known for his experience in portfolio management, sales and purchases. One client remarks: ‘What I like is that he gets involved on our work on a day-to-day basis, and I can pick up the phone and he'll know what's going on at any given time’.”
“Edward’s work has been, without fail, responsive, thoughtful, diligent and indeed commercially savvy throughout the process and he was a pleasure to work with.”
“Patrick Whetter has significant experience in investment transactions and property portfolio management. His recent work includes assisting clients with transactions in the retail industry, along with advising notable banking institutions on property finance issues."
(Chambers & Partners)
"They [real estate team] have very strong specialisms in all sectors, very commercial with a pragmatic view. They value their clients." One client commentated "Without doubt my go-to team for any property related transactions."
(The Legal 500, 2021)
- As Chancerygate’s lawyers for over 7 years, we have provided legal support, advice and guidance across the board on all of their asset management mandates including: Advising on all acquisitions and disposals of assets, lettings, re-gears and general management work across the portfolios.
- Mark dealt with acquisitions and disposals for investment property clients with a combined value of over £100 million during 2016.
- Purchase of a multi tenanted retail site in Sheffield for £14.5 million under a tight timescale and which was affected by complex title and tenancy issues.
- Various high value acquisitions and disposals and the estate management of industrial estates for a leading national builders merchant.
- Acting for a private investment company on a “swap” deal involving the simultaneous disposal of a distribution warehouse for £20 million and acquisition of two hotels let to a national chain for £10 million each.
- Acting on sale of an £18 million investment portfolio of 24 industrial units.
- Led a team on the acquisition of a Central London investment property for £58 million within an exceptionally tight timescale.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014