Asset Management & Investment
Creative solutions in Real Estate
What is involved?
We constantly provide results that our fund/asset manager and investment clients appreciate. Freeths’ highly effective service combines know-how with creative technology to offer effective solutions. Our team deals with portfolios that are varied in terms of transactional and asset management requirements and split and given the breadth of our team we take heavy transactional volumes in our stride.
Our Real Estate team’s bread and butter is acquiring and disposing of assets, lettings, re-gears and advising on development opportunities, finance structures and tax structures.
We have substantial experience in dealing with opportunity funds and pension funds. We manage portfolios for a range of parties such as high net worth individuals and pension funds. This is expertise that we can put to work for you too – delivered with excellence from our well-established team.
Why choose Freeths?
- We are dedicated to backing up our services with innovative and reliable IT management systems to ensure efficiency and value
- We have extensive expertise in all areas of asset management
- Our Real Estate lawyers have worked with a wide range of fund managers, property investors and asset managers with well-known names such as Aberdeen Standard Life, CBRE, BA Pension Fund and Tesco Pension Fund
- You can rely on us to be pragmatic, approachable and practical; explaining everything without the legal jargon
Call us now to see how we can help you with Asset Management and Investment.
Our service is backed by IT management systems that have won a number of innovation awards, and it is delivered with a pro-active approach. We have a committed Innovation & Development team, ensuring that we use up-to-date technology to provide an organised and streamlined legal service.
We have been advising local authority pension funds and other institutional investor clients for over 14 years and work closely alongside clients like Aberdeen Standard, CBRE and Colliers Capital.
Asset Management & Investment Lawyers
0845 272 5734
0845 030 5744
0845 634 2577
0845 050 3602
0845 050 3604
0845 128 6982
Stephen G Lewis
0845 274 6842
0845 077 9576
0845 274 6848
0186 578 1143
0845 128 6990
0845 050 3609
0845 050 3610
0845 050 3611
0845 050 3627
0845 274 6917
0845 050 3630
0186 578 1145
0845 634 1742
"I have worked closely with Mark on a wide range of real estate transactions including a five year £100 million acquisition and sales programme for an institutional client. His calm approach is an excellent foundation for successfully concluding legal agreements efficiently, achieving the client’s requirements, and on time. He seeks to provide sensible, concise and practical advice and solutions, easily understood by all the team and all involved in a transaction. The wider Freeths team are equally professional in their approach and practical application. The combined efforts of Freeths dovetail with the wider client team's skills providing a seamless service to the client."
(Andrew Owen, Director, CBRE Capital Advisors Ltd, Investment Advisory)
"I work closely with Mark Gradwell. Mark's advice is always client focussed, concise and pragmatic. He is quick to grasp the legal and commercial issues and always remains conscious of context when providing his advice. Being able to confidently express that we can complete legal transactions extremely quickly is invaluable to the funds which I manage."
(Ed Crockett, Fund Manager, Aberdeen Standard)
“Darren Williamson is known for his experience in portfolio management, sales and purchases. One client remarks: ‘What I like is that he gets involved on our work on a day-to-day basis, and I can pick up the phone and he'll know what's going on at any given time’.”
“Patrick Whetter has significant experience in investment transactions and property portfolio management. His recent work includes assisting clients with transactions in the retail industry, along with advising notable banking institutions on property finance issues."
(Chambers & Partners)
“I have worked with Vicky for over 10 years on the Leicestershire County Council pension fund mandate and during this time I have found Vicky’s legal advice to be very professional, pro-active, sound and commercial. Vicky is very responsive to the timescales that can be involved in transactions on the property portfolio and this helps with the smooth running of the Fund.”
(Nigel Holroyd, Head of Colliers Capital)
“Edward’s work has been, without fail, responsive, thoughtful, diligent and indeed commercially savvy throughout the process and he was a pleasure to work with.”
“Guy is one of the two lawyers that carries out the majority of real estate acquisitions and sales for Chancerygate or lead the teams that do. He is hard working and has a strong understanding of our business to the point he is not seen as a consultant to us but in practice an extension of our business. He provides a best in class service with the ability to respond to matters very quickly, accurately and efficiently and has a skill of thinking laterally and ‘outside the box’ often keeping deals alive and finding solutions to problems that would otherwise make a deal not happen.”
(Eddie Cook, Managing Director of Chancerygate)
- As Chancerygate’s lawyers for over 7 years, we have provided legal support, advice and guidance across the board on all of their asset management mandates including: Advising on all acquisitions and disposals of assets, lettings, re-gears and general management work across the portfolios.
- Mark dealt with acquisitions and disposals for investment property clients with a combined value of over £100 million during 2016.
- Purchase of a multi tenanted retail site in Sheffield for £14.5 million under a tight timescale and which was affected by complex title and tenancy issues.
- Various high value acquisitions and disposals and the estate management of industrial estates for a leading national builders merchant.
- Acting for a private investment company on a “swap” deal involving the simultaneous disposal of a distribution warehouse for £20 million and acquisition of two hotels let to a national chain for £10 million each.
- Acting on sale of an £18 million investment portfolio of 24 industrial units.
- Led a team on the acquisition of a Central London investment property for £58 million within an exceptionally tight timescale.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014