George leads our Private Funds practice.
He advises fund managers establishing new investment funds, specialising in infrastructure, credit, private equity, venture capital, real estate and impact funds. In addition he advises on co-investments, funds of one and managed accounts, co-GP structures, secondary transactions, and investment management issues generally. George also advises fund sponsors on carried interest, GP-co-invest and executive incentive arrangements.
As well as advising managers, George advises institutional investors on their primary and secondary investments in private funds, co-investment vehicles and bespoke management arrangements with fund managers.
During his career George has worked in London and Hong Kong and has extensive experience of transactions across the UK, EMEA and APAC markets. He has also spent time on secondment at large institutional asset management firms. A selection of his experience includes:
- advising a leading European infrastructure manager on raising funds for investment in the energy efficiency and transition sectors;
- advising a UK venture capital manager on the establishment of a fund investing in UK and European businesses;
- advising an institutional infrastructure manager on the establishment of funds investing in core infrastructure assets internationally;
- advising a UK fund manager on the establishment of a new fund investing in commercial real estate;
- advising a UK real estate manager on forming a social property impact fund;
- advising a fund manager on the establishment of a fund investing in the financial services sector in Africa;
- advising various managers on bespoke co-investment structures and fund restructurings, as well as operational issues and re-negotiations;
- advising major institutional investors, such as sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, government entities and IFIs, insurers, banks, family offices, fund of funds and advisers, on their participations in all types of private funds, co-investments and management arrangements;
- advising institutional asset managers on managed account and advisory arrangements; and
- advising investors and managers on secondary transactions in private fund interests.
George is based in Freeths’ London office.
- AIFM Regulatory Hosting: Pitfalls, Risks and Solutions
- Continuation funds – some key considerations
- Freeths advises Frontier Development Capital on fundraising
- Reserved Investor Fund Consultation
- Sustainability Disclosure Requirements and Investment Labels
- Our thoughts on the FCA’s recent Discussion Paper on updating and improving the UK regulatory regime for asset management
- Economic Crime and Corporate Transparency Bill: Changes coming for Limited Partnerships
- Freeths continues to expand commercial offering with strategic hire
- Freeths strengthen with a new appointment set to lead a London Private Funds team
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014