Real Estate Finance
Getting the money
What is involved?
Our Real Estate Finance team couples industry expertise with thoroughness and a commitment to excellent service. You can rely on us to use our technical expertise and pragmatism to find the best solution for you.
Whether it’s straight forward asset backed finance or more unconventional structures, there is not much our (mainly ex-City) team don’t have experience of. Investment loans, development facilities, grant funding, portfolio funding, profit share arrangements, restructuring and enforcement, syndicated debt and tax based structured finance. We deal with all of these and more on a day-to-day basis for all types of companies.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our experienced Real Estate lawyers can be relied upon to be responsive, prompt and available 24/7
- We work with lenders and borrowers across the UK and advise on multi-million pound arrangements daily – industry expertise at your fingertips
- We recognise that financing and refinancing can be very time sensitive and are well used to working in incredibly tight time frames
Call our Real Estate Finance lawyers now to discuss how we can help you.
Our talented team is well balanced between acting for borrower, investment and development companies, and lender clients across the country. Freeths have a nationally renowned Real Estate team, which when combined with our esteemed Real Estate Finance team results in top quality legal and financial advice. You can relax in the knowledge that we have extensive experience within all areas of commercial property.
We regularly advise on debt finance for the healthcare and student accommodation sectors, as well as mixed use and residential development schemes. We also often advise mezzanine and other specialist lenders from the non-bank sector.
Real Estate Finance Lawyers
0845 272 5734
0845 050 3273
0186 578 1060
0845 271 6770
0845 050 3645
0845 634 1725
0845 077 9654
0845 050 3647
0845 030 5733
0845 271 6727
0845 073 8551
0186 578 1063
0845 274 6912
0845 274 6920
0845 073 8394
0845 017 8382
0845 166 6316
0186 578 1143
0845 128 6990
0186 578 1148
0845 050 3610
0845 274 6923
0845 050 3611
0845 050 3627
0845 272 5736
0845 274 6917
0845 128 6994
0845 050 3650
0845 274 6889
0845 274 6820
0845 050 3686
0186 578 1145
0845 634 2544
0845 030 5737
The Return of the Freeths Real Estate Law BlogArticles 5th Jun 2019
Freeths Derby grows property teamNews 15th Jan 2018
"As well as their technical ability what I like about the team, including junior members, is that they understand our business and don't get bogged down in trivia. They are very responsive and commercial."
(Chambers & Partners, 2015)
"Richard Williams is very reassuring and very commercial."
(Chambers & Partners, 2015)
"We have used Patrick as our main legal provider on a wide range of commercial property transactions for several years - mostly for residential development but with some investment and financing transactions. He provides an outstanding legal service, in particular by being highly responsive and proactive, which is what our business requires. He is very 'commercially aware' - he understands our business and provides proportionate and creative solutions that allow for transactions to be carried out quickly and efficiently. He also provides straightforward and easy to understand advice. I would highly recommend him."
(Tom Dickens, Director, Inside Land)
"Chris Freeston has a particular expertise in debt refinancing, as well as in construction and property finance. Clients are impressed by his 'strong commercial insight', his 'drive to get things done' and his 'pragmatic approach to dealing with issues and finding solutions'."
(Chambers & Partners)
"Katie Hillier has noteworthy expertise in real estate finance. She assists clients with investment and development facilities. Clients enthuse: 'She is excellent, incredibly hard-working and very diligent' noting: 'She gets through huge volumes of work in surprisingly short spaces of time with very good technical legal knowledge backing it all up'."
(Chambers & Partners, 2017)
"Freeths has a 'wealth of healthcare expertise from a property and banking perspective'. It also has expertise in transactions in the care home sector. Jon Smart has ‘sector expertise' and is 'solution driven'."
(The Legal 500, 2014)
"Paul has been the lead corporate legal adviser to the Evenbrook residential property group since 1994. His wealth of experience in banking and corporate transactions has been invaluable to us throughout a period of significant growth. Paul has advised on a range of acquisition, re-organisation and financing transactions. He is a trusted advisor with a style based on lateral thinking to achieve pragmatic, commercial solutions that add value and are always delivered in a concise, professional manner".
(Mike Poole, Managing Director, Evenbrook Group)
- Advising the issuer on a £100 million mortgage bond issue secured against a portfolio of commercial properties.
- Acting for Waterfield group on its £30 million plus refinancing and new facilities for all group entities to support a portfolio of circa £100 million.
- Development funding for three new GP surgeries with community facilities. This involved complicated land assembly and security arrangements, pre-lets to GP surgeries, NHS, Pharmacies and local business, interplay with grant funding.
- Acting for a student accommodation developer and operator on total loans in excess of £100 million including both development and investment facilities.
- Acting for the lender on a £150 million debt portfolio secured against a mixture of investment and development properties and the subsequent restructuring of the same.
- Acting for the developer on a £100 million funding and profit share arrangement with a leading property plc (included a mezzanine facility for the development of multiple projects).
- Advising on the joint venture of two long standing clients on the legal aspects of the acquisition of a business park in Nottingham.
- Advising a fund in relation to its mezzanine loan facilities secured against UK real estate, total loan amounts ranging between £40 million and £75 million.
- Acting for a Middle-Eastern investor on the funding (and related purchase) of 11 off-plan luxury apartments in central London, with a total value of over £20 million.
- Led the real estate advice to a client on the sale of a portfolio of 23 UK-wide residential and nursing care properties to a US REIT in a £75.8 million sale and leaseback arrangement.
- Advising a property developer in connection with a £21.5 million Sharia compliant development loan facility to refinance the acquisition and fund the development of a mixed use site in South London.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014