James Hughes is a solicitor specialising in employment law. He offers a personable approach, strong business acumen and experience in litigation and alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
Based at our Leicester office, James predominantly advises large employers on all aspects of employment law and manages a number of tribunal claims, including unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal and discrimination matters.
He is an ideal representative in complex or challenging situations as he is meticulous, composed and resilient. He also does his own advocacy in tribunal hearings and delivers training sessions to management teams across the UK.
James previously worked in the financial services industry for over five years and has additional experience in commercial litigation, property litigation, education law and personal injury matters.
Speak to James if you need help with the following:
- Bringing or defending Employment Tribunal claims
- Unfair or wrongful dismissal
- Discrimination under the Equality Act 2010
- Breach of contract and restrictive covenants
- Advice on disciplinary, capability and grievance procedures
- Drafting and negotiating settlement agreements
- Redundancy consultations
- Dealing with sensitive employee matters including criminal activities
- Advice on the TUPE regulations
- Ensuring compliance with data protection legislation following GDPR
- Flexible working requests
- Risk management
- Drafting policies and contracts for directors, senior executives and junior employees
- Delivering employment law seminars to all levels of management
- Managing the ACAS Early Conciliation process
- Law Society
Thank you so much for all your assistance on this matter. I appreciate you making this whole process as smooth as possible. I would definitely recommend you and the service you have provided.”
If I know anyone who requires a superb employment lawyer, I shall send them your way.”
I just wanted to thank you again for your support and for helping me get through the last few months. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without your advice and I am most grateful.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014