Building your next shop, shed or skyscraper
What is involved?
Our aim, as a Commercial Development team, is to make your next building project your easiest, despite how complex it may be. You can rely on our Real Estate lawyers to offer practical, commercially-minded and understandable advice.
We are experienced in resolving development issues from all angles. Given the extensive nature of our team, no issues are incapable of being swiftly addressed. So, just what have we got covered?
- Tax and structuring
- A leading construction practice
- Environmental law issues (both contamination and natural habitat)
- Funding and finance requirements (and grants)
- Planning consultancy and planning law issues
- Property Litigation aspects (rights of light, restrictive covenants)
- CPO and Public Law issues
Why choose Freeths?
- We have over 140 lawyers in our wider Real Estate team here to help you find a solution to any Commercial Development problem
- We are renowned for achieving excellent results for clients dealing with Commercial Development
- We will always be available and provide a service that runs to your time frame and your budget
- We work on a huge variety of projects in all industry areas including offices, retail, industrial and more bespoke areas such as student housing, care and attractions
No matter what your requirements, we have an expert on hand to help.
Based on extensive knowledge, we have the in-depth expertise to provide you with the best solutions. We are fast, effective and excellent value for money. Our team’s driver is to provide you with the trust and confidence that we will get things done, in a way that you want them done.
Call us now to see how we can help you with your next Commercial Development project.
Commercial Development Lawyers
0845 050 3273
0845 077 9675
0845 030 5744
Managing Partner - Birmingham
0845 634 2577
0845 271 6770
0845 128 7961
0186 578 1242
0186 578 1147
0845 050 3635
0845 274 6811
0845 030 5770
0845 274 6920
0845 274 6833
Stephen G Lewis
0845 274 6842
0845 017 8382
0845 077 9655
0845 050 3600
0845 128 6990
0845 050 3627
0845 077 9647
0845 272 5681
0845 050 3650
0845 404 4134
Managing Partner - Derby
0845 274 6810
0845 050 3628
0845 050 3686
0845 050 3630
0186 578 1151
Partner & National Head of Real Estate
0845 634 1742
0845 050 3631
New loans for commercial property reach 8 year highNews 1st Jul 2016
5 top tips for Leasing Premises in New DevelopmentsArticles 28th Jul 2015
"As you will see on various media feeds Chancerygate won Developer of The Year at the IAS 2017 Awards. It cannot be overlooked that a large part of our success is through the association Chancerygate has with exceptional advisers. None more so than the team at Freeths who work tirelessly for us and who make our business plans work. Please do forward this email to all of the Freeths team and congratulate them too. We enjoy working with you and on behalf of all at Chancerygate ... THANK YOU!!"
(Eddie Cook, MD, Chancerygate)
"Blends strong technical ability and accuracy with a view to the ongoing requirements of a client; delivering reliability and service that allows effective asset procurement with documentation that is acceptable to subsequent stakeholders including lenders and their advisors… has a good feel for how to ensure transactions can be completed."
(Sevi Rixson - Managing Director - Studious - Specialist student developer and investment manager)
"On our recent care home development deal Jon quickly cut to the chase. He batted hard for us on points he’d helped identify mattered and didn’t dwell on others. Even the other party commented how pragmatic and good to deal with he is. Jon also looks for opportunities to put me in contact with his clients and contacts which shows he’s thinking of us more widely."
(Andrew Winstanley, Care Home Project Director, One Housing Group)
"Michael Taplin is managing partner of the firm's Derby office. He is well regarded for his extensive experience in all kinds of commercial and residential property development. Clients consider him ‘very impressive’ and peers comment on his strong local presence. He is described by market sources as ‘a very practical lawyer’."
(Chambers & Partners)
"National head of real estate Darren Williamson ‘is very commercially minded with a can-do attitude, and is quick to grasp concepts and understand how this could affect the client,’ according to sources. His respected practice is centred on commercial development and portfolio management."
"Adrian White has both commercial and residential development expertise, with particular experience acting for charity clients. Interviewees say: ‘He is extremely thorough and gives us a lot of information’."
"Guy is one of the two lawyers that carries out the majority of real estate acquisitions and sales for Chancerygate or lead the teams that do. He is hard working and has a strong understanding of our business to the point he is not seen as a consultant to us but in practice an extension of our business. He provides a best in class service with the ability to respond to matters very quickly, accurately and efficiently and has a skill of thinking laterally and ‘outside the box’ often keeping deals alive and finding solutions to problems that would otherwise make a deal not happen."
(Eddie Cook, Managing Director of Chancerygate)
- As Chancerygate’s lawyers for over 7 years, we are proud to provide legal support, advice and guidance across the board including: Advising on all site acquisitions, developments agreements, pre-let agreements, forward sales and forward funding deals together with acquisition and development finance. Advising on all ongoing asset and general management work across the portfolio. Transactions range in value from £250,000 to £40 million.
- We are lead advisers to Studious, a company which develops and runs student accommodation, on various projects from Durham to Reading to Falmouth. Our work includes advising them on site acquisitions and disposals, all construction, planning and development finance aspects and their appointment as investment and/or development manager for their various investors, together with related corporate and strategic advice. Transactions range in value from £1 million to £30 million.
- Acted for One Housing Group agreement for development and 35 year lease of brand new luxury 64 bedroom care home in Chelmsford, Essex, swiftly followed by an agreement for development and 30 year lease with Frontier Estates for 4 large new luxury care homes with over 250 bedrooms.
- Scotch Corner Designer Village – acting for the owner/developer on the development and pre-letting of this 92 unit, 250,000 square foot brand new designer outlet scheme.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014