Gary Duffy is an experienced litigator dealing with a range of business and personal disputes concerning businesses, property, trusts and estates for clients ranging from individuals to large businesses.
Gary is experienced in resolving disputes where possible by mediation and/or negotiation and, where that is not possible, by action in the Courts or other dispute resolution forums.
- Acting for an ex-director of a business in the engineering sector in defending claims for breach of fiduciary duty and pursuing claims for unfair prejudice.
- Acting for a business in the manufacturing sector in relation to bringing claims for damages caused by action taken against its IT systems by an ex-worker.
- Acting for the majority shareholders of a business in the technology sector in defending claims by ‘angel’ investors for breach of fiduciary duty and for breach of an investment agreement.
- Acting for a retired senior professional in relation to claims of negligence against his former financial advisors.
- Acting in a range of intellectual property disputes in relation to trademarks, copyright and patents, including in relation to successful settlement of a dispute involving a crowd funded film project and successful defence of domain dispute proceedings brought before WIPO.
- Acting for a variety of clients in relation to a range of contractual disputes.
- Acting for businesses and individuals in relation to contentious property matters, including in relation to forfeiture, relief from forfeiture and dilapidations claims.
- Acting businesses and individuals in debt collection matters.
- Acting for businesses in relation to enforcing post-termination restrictive covenants on former employees, including obtaining urgent injunctive relief.
- Acting for businesses and individuals subject to freezing injunctions.
- Acting for an ex-director in the security sector in defending claims for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Acting for the directors and shareholders of a business in the healthcare sector in defending unfair prejudice proceedings brought by former directors and shareholders and in bringing proceedings against the former directors and shareholders in relation to misappropriation of company monies.
- Acting for individuals in relation to Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 proceedings.
- Acting for individuals in relation to disputes between neighbours.
- Acting for businesses and individuals in a range of claimed regarding professional negligence by accountants, surveyors and other professionals.
- Acting for businesses and individuals in relation to disputes involving personal guarantees given by directors.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014