Maximising your return
What is involved?
We recognise that a corporate transaction is a complex and often stressful process. We will guide you on each step along the way and take a hands-on approach to minimise the disruption to you and your business to ensure that any transaction is delivered on time, on budget and on the right terms for you.
Our team of corporate lawyers have extensive experience of mergers and acquisitions, disposals, private equity transactions, capital markets, transaction due diligence, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements, reorganisations and demergers, corporate structures and governance.
Why choose Freeths?
- We provide a full service, one-stop solution covering all specialist areas for any transaction
- An award-winning Corporate group, recognised as one of the most active teams in the UK
- We provide a solution-driven service, tailored to your goals and objectives from the outset
- Supported by a multi-disciplinary team of over 125 specialist partners and directors nationally
- We build long-term client relationships, gaining trust as key strategic and operational partners
Wide ranging expertise
Freeths’ dedicated and passionate corporate team advises a wide range of clients, from start-up businesses to major listed companies and financial institutions. We have expertise in all aspects of corporate work across a broad range of sectors, both nationally and internationally. We pride ourselves on having a real breadth of experience which allows us to provide commercial and pragmatic, market leading advice and guidance.
This is born out of our in-depth understanding of the dynamics of a corporate transaction and current market trends.
Our technical expertise is a given, so clients look for more than this from their corporate lawyers. They need experienced lawyers who recognise the importance of understanding their business, the sectors in which they operate and the challenges they face – in order to be able to provide expert guidance which is as commercially intelligent and it is legally flawless. This is where we excel. Call us now to see how our Corporate team can help you.
0845 077 9643
0845 166 6330
0845 166 6263
0845 634 9799
0845 073 8584
0207 440 5849
Professional Support Lawyer
0845 634 9807
0845 073 8550
0845 073 8555
0845 634 2586
0845 271 6776
0845 271 6751
0845 030 5823
0845 030 5851
0845 128 6954
0845 634 2584
0845 271 6752
0845 166 6331
0845 166 6252
0845 077 9645
0845 050 3616
Managing Partner - Milton Keynes
0845 271 6750
0845 073 8582
0845 634 9782
0845 128 6984
0845 073 8551
0845 274 6871
Partner & National Head of Corporate
0845 634 9780
0845 017 1122
0845 166 6332
0845 166 6261
0845 050 3697
0845 030 5743
0845 404 4192
0845 634 9797
0845 050 3206
0845 166 6333
0845 077 9622
0845 271 6778
0845 271 6740
0845 272 5742
0845 030 5782
0845 128 7953
Malin Svanberg Larsson
0845 166 6335
0845 073 8554
0845 166 6337
0845 128 6952
0797 083 4283
0845 166 6346
Freeths advises Crown Worldwide on significant acquisition of Premier Workplace ServicesNews 30th Nov 2018
Freeths advises Omar Group on acquisition of UK SundecksNews 14th Nov 2018
Hague Group acquires £6M turnover print management companyNews 18th Oct 2018
"We are extremely grateful for the consistently outstanding support given by Freeths to Tarmac. The team's dedication and professionalism has enabled Tarmac to deliver numerous complex projects. Their fantastic enthusiasm, technical strength and team spirit create a highly effective working relationship with Tarmac, and Karl's positive commitment and attitude make him the ideal client partner."
(Katie Smart, UK Head of Legal, Tarmac)
"Thank you Ateeq. Appreciate all your support and guidance throughout the process. It’s been a pleasure and such a great experience working with you. We were always impressed with your thoroughness and clarity. As we take the next step, for sure you’re going to be a part of our future journey."
(Management Team of Inqube Capital (Private) Limited)
"...works well with clients to be responsive and adaptable to their needs and builds confidence and value in every possible way."
(The Legal 500)
"A great all round service. First class. More of the same please."
(Dollar Financial UK Limited t/a The Money Shop)
"Andrew is an exceptional lawyer, a valued business partner and someone whose insight and judgment I respect and value. I cannot recommend Andrew highly enough."
"Tom has played an important role in our business over a number of years and helped support our rapid expansion and growth. Tom truly understands our business and we are always impressed with the quality, commerciality and efficiency he has demonstrated over the course of our long relationship."
(Phillip Greenfield, CEO, Funeral Partners)
"Able to draw on nationwide resources when acting for clients of all sizes, from plcs to owner-managed businesses. One client notes: 'All staff are efficient and helpful, very clear about costs being incurred and keep the client updated regularly. They work effectively both remotely and in person, and we feel confident in their abilities'." A market source says: "They're very easy-going and easy to work with. For big deals we recommend them, as they will provide high-quality work."
(Chambers & Partners, 2019)
"The 'very impressive' John Heaphy is an experienced corporate partner with the capacity to lead major transactions across a range of sectors. Market commentators describe him as 'practical with a can-do attitude'. Karl Jansen is the firm's national head of corporate and Keith Gilbert is an M&A specialist. Keith earns praise from sources for his technical expertise."
"Thanks again for your immense help, we couldn’t have done it without you personally and the contribution of the wider Freeths team."
(Martin Entwistle, Carlsberg UK)
"Sometimes you use a product or service that is so good, you just have to tell other people about it. That's how the management team at Reflex feels about the service we received from John Heaphy and his team. Personally, I was always impressed by how quickly an enquiry was responded to, sometimes in minutes, never more than an hour. Of equal importance to all of the above is the fact the team is a great bunch of professionals who are fun to deal with; not something that can be usually said."
(Ian Kendall, Managing Director, Reflex Labels Limited)
- Leading a team of more than 60 lawyers which supported the in-house legal team at Lafarge Tarmac on the sale to CRH plc, one of the world’s largest building materials suppliers. This was as part of a €6.5 billion worldwide acquisition of assets being sold by Lafarge SA and Holcim Limited to facilitate their global merger.
- Acting for a large private care home operator on the corporate aspects of its sale of a portfolio of 23 UK-wide residential and nursing care properties. The sale was to a US REIT for a £75.8 million sale and leaseback arrangement.
- Advising Travis Perkins PLC on various acquisitions, investments and disposals.
- Advising the shareholders of Sleek Capital Limited, a fast-growing and popular high street makeup brand, on its sale to Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- Advised Carlsberg UK Limited on the acquisition of London Fields Brewery.
- Advising the shareholders of a leading uPVC cable management company, and the UK’s largest manufacturer of steel wire cable tray, on the sale of the company to Nasdaq listed acquirer. The transaction was completed in a very short time frame, requiring efficiency and direction from the outset.
- Advising Polestar Print Group on its administration and the hive out and subsequent sale of its Applied Solutions Business to Adare Group.
- Leading the high profile multi-million pound buyout of Funeral Partners and continuing to undertake all of their acquisition work.
- Acting on the sale of Heritage Automotive Limited, a 12 site franchised car dealership representing Audi, Peugeot, Skoda and Volkswagen and operating across the South West.
- Acted for the founder shareholder David Shelton on the £200 million IPO (Initial Public Offering) of Motorpoint.
- Advised LNT Group on the £100 million+ sale of 24 care homes to Anchor Trust.
- Advising the shareholders of Cuts Ice Limited, a leading e-liquid manufacturer, on a circa £14 million investment by LDC.
- Acting for Thomson Reuters on the sale of the Extel Survey business and also separately on the sale of its European wealth and investment transaction processing business, BETA Global.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014