Charlotte is a Senior Associate in our Corporate and Private Equity team.
Charlotte’s practice focuses on UK and international private equity and M&A. She advises portfolio companies, owner-led businesses and management teams on a variety of transactions including acquisitions, bolt-ons, exits, restructurings and corporate governance. Charlotte has successfully worked alongside leading magic circle, silver circle and international law firms to deliver a seamless transaction for clients.
Charlotte uses the experience she gained whilst working in-house on secondment in the City to support legal counsel and their wider legal teams across a range of different sectors, always ensuring she understands the core needs of the business and, the importance of delivering real practical, commercial advice.
Examples of Charlotte’s recent projects:
- Advising on the sale of Canalys Pte, the global Channel and Mobility technology market research and events firm, to Informa PLC, to form the world’s largest Channel research and consulting group.
- Advising We Are TALA (Holdings) Limited on its seed investment round and wider business needs (including capital structuring and funding rounds).
- Advising Carlsberg on its proposed deal with Marston’s plc to form a new joint venture beer company in the UK, Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company.
- Assisting a private equity backed Portfolio Company in the veterinary sector on their management incentive work and group portfolio management.
- Advising a private equity backed Portfolio Company in the insurance sector on the sale of their business, including providing advice on ancillary documentation, disclosure and deal execution.
Whilst at her previous firm, Charlotte assisted on the following key projects:
- Advising a leading UK software provider on a series of 14 acquisitions in the IT sector alongside lead advisor, Travers Smith.
- Advising a private equity Portfolio Company on a mix of ‘business as usual’ commercial legal issues, across real estate, employment, commercial contracts and data protection, which subsequently resulted in the opportunity to become a secondee for several months at the business.
- Assisting on several multi-million pound acquisitions alongside Linklaters, including advising on legal due diligence and ancillary deal documentation.
- Advising a manufacturing based private equity Portfolio Company on a strategic acquisition and continuing the relationship with further Management incentive work.
During her training, Charlotte has had the opportunity to be a secondee in the City at a large media and publishing corporation and subsequently, at a US headquartered luxury travel company. Charlotte’s time working in-house has provided her with a commercial understanding of the core needs of a business and the importance of delivering real value to clients.
- Freeths continues to expand corporate offering in Bristol with strategic hire
- Freeths advises Twenty20 Capital on the acquisition of seven best-known UK staffing and workforce solutions brands, bringing them together under the new brand RSS Global
- Freeths advises Maven Capital Partners UK LLP on £3 million investment in Bud Systems Limited
- Freeths advises team.blue, a leading European supplier of digital solutions, on its acquisition of UK Dedicated Ltd.
- Freeths are Highly Commended at the South West Dealmakers Awards 2022
- Freeths advises We Are TALA on seed funding to expand sustainable activewear brand TALA
- Freeths LLP advises VIPR Limited on investment by Tenzing
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014