Reece Ballett was extremely dedicated and committed to achieving our aims"
(The Legal 500, 2024)
Reece is an Associate in the Clean Energy, Waste & Sustainability Team at Freeths. Since qualification in March 2021, Reece’s primary focus has been on the clean energy sector and he has advised clients on transactional, contractual, and regulatory matters in relation to low carbon generation and storage assets, heat networks, EV charging infrastructure projects and “smart” business parks.
Reece has acted as part of the deal team in managing the due diligence process for the acquisition or disposal of low-carbon generation and storage technologies for a number of corporates, including a number of projects for Centrica plc, and private investors.
Reece has recently acted for a number of generators, operators, and offtakers in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating asset management and optimisation contracts for small to large scale battery energy storage assets; framework agreements and development services agreements for the development of low carbon generation and storage assets; offtake agreements for ground and rooftop solar PV, wind turbines, CHP, biomass generators, AD plant and heat networks; and contracts for the installation, operation and maintenance of heat networks and associated infrastructure.
- Spiralling energy bills? A quick guide to help businesses cut costs
- The Climate Change Committee Report 2022: EVs, EVCI and Buses – All aboard?
- The Climate Change Committee Report 2022: Energy Supply – A Rough Diamond
- P375 ‘Metering behind the Boundary Point’: a game-changer for electricity asset co-location
- Hydrogen: what’s all the buzz?
- The British Energy Security Strategy: geopolitics, net zero, and missed opportunities
- Freeths advises Centrica on strategic battery storage acquisition
- On the Basis of V2X – Electrical Vehicle Technology and the UK’s Flexible Net-Zero Future
- Together an Electric Dream? Electric Vehicle Charging Consultations – An Update for Developers
- A Hot Topic – England, Scotland and Wales to switch up their renewable heat subsidies
- Electric Vehicles and EV Charging Infrastructure Bulletin
- Transport focus: hydrogen vehicles – the future?
- Energy focus: The UK’s energy mix – a role for hydrogen?
- Introduction of a Deposit Return Scheme in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Low Emission Vehicles Update – Part II
- Low Emission Vehicles Update – Part I
- The CCC’s Sixth Carbon Budget – Overarching and Electricity Generation Recommendations
- The UK/EU Trade and Cooperation Agreement – Electric Vehicles and Renewable Energy
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014